care for (sorta) indoor pool help

we finally moved in and now i have to deal with the green monster:x.
I really want to re evaluate the situation before re plaster, wanna see a little better what it looks like after a really good scrubbing, cleaning and slam to get rid of all that green algae.
my walmart test showed:
no chlorine (obviously)
TA: 70
pH 7.9 adjusted down to 7.6 after using about 1.6 liters acid. I want to adjust closer to 7.4 so i'll add some more acid tonight.
I really want to start slam but i have no idea what the cya level is.
should i wait for my tft 100 kit to arrive or can i start the slam?(don't forget the pool is in a green house)

Because slamming is a more controlled process where you're testing and adding specific amounts of bleach to maintain a specific FC level . And yes too much bleach could hurt things.

You could certainly use PoolMath to determine how much bleach you have to add to reach shock level and then daily after that just add a little bleach to try to maintain it. But it would certainly be safer and cheaper to wait for your Test kit.

been slamming since saturday pool still looks cloudy.
pH: 7.3
TA: 70
CH: 200
CYA was 0, added enough to raise to 25, need to check reading tonight.
I was keeping the FC at 10, now raised it to 12 since i added CYA.
Filter back washed everyday, pressure good.

Should I add calcium now or should I do it later?

So far, just by eyeballing the water level, it does not seem to be leaking, the level gone down a bit but it's what i'd expect from evaporation.
I might do the bucket test later to confirm.
When I brush, I stir a LOT of white looking stuff (plaster?), wonder if it's ever been brushed...
Any reason to redo the plaster if it's not leaking yet? (don't care much about cosmetic, just need to be usable for now)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.