Lots of dirt in the pool, do anything special?

SoonerWing

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 27, 2015
Tuttle/Oklahoma
They are finally building my rock waterfall and in the process a significant amount of dirt has gone into the pool. I have been staying on top of cleaning it out but was wondering if I should adjust my chemicals to account for this.

Probably not much you can do chemically at this time. Cleaning-up the bulk/residual dirt and debris is a great start. If you were really concerned about the additional stress (chlorine consumption) placed on the water, you could take your FC up a few notches just to be safe. Otherwise, continue to test and adjust your water like normal and you should be fine.

When they were adjusting my waterfall I was getting their leftover dirt washed into the pool when the waterfall started.
Other than being dirty, which I vacuumed up, I didn't notice any additional chemical stress,
I guess a lot is inorganic (sand and rock dust) so as long as you vacuum after it settles out, you shouldn't have anything out of the norm to worry about.
Now if you left that stuff in the pool for a week, I'm sure it would provide a great nucleus for algae to build upon.

Thanks guys. That's basically what I did. As soon as the finished yesterday I vacuumed as much up as my limited light would allow. This morning I saw that I did a pretty good job at that and I kicked the chlorine up a couple of notches just as a bit of security. Thanks for the advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.