Advice on draining Pool

I cannot even visualize your hose issue. The waste line on my filter is a 2" pvc pipe with a 50ft blue vinyl tube attached that flattens when no water flowing. When I backwash I literally drag it around like a fire hose. The most enjoyable way to water grass by hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they the cheap ones from Lowes? There were 2 in the house when I moved in. Those are trashed now. I got 2 new ones. Had to patch a brand new one. I have one connected at filter to a 50' vacuum line then attached to another 50' flat one so that it reaches the front yard. I don't want to water near the pool because it is on a hill and don't want any movement or shifting.

I filled 13000 gallons in 8 hours, but I had 2 hoses from separate water meters and probably 100 psi from both-adjoining properties and the water was from lines that did not go to house plumbing. My uneducated guess is about 20 hrs for a full drained refill

I recently did two partial water changes. I used a sump pump from Harbor Freight. I started at about 7:30pm after the sun went down, and dropped it down a little over a foot about 4 hours later. Then refilled. I sprayed water onto the plaster every hour or so. I set an alarm to wake me up 2.5 hours later to turn off the fill water. Nothing like getting up in the middle of the night babysit your pool.:p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am with Dave, I would only go with 75% drain. Even if your CYA was 300, you would at worst be at 75 cya. And you can live with that. Your original water does not look that bad and with 3/4 new water a SLAM should be fairly easy. If that is white plaster I might be tempted to add my chlorine before I filled. Let it do its thing on the bottom of the pool - but I am not an expert and that is probably poor advice

SUCCESS. Drain refill was a success. Just did CYA test after finishing the refill yesterday. I went a little more than 75% drain. As far as babysitting my plaster - not a problem. I called up all the ladies with tiny bikinis that I know and said bring some food for me to BBQ and help splash in the pool. They obliged.

CYA at 45. I will work with it from there. Grass is watered and my bikini clad friends were fed (and given drinks). I am glad I did not wait until November to do this. One thing I learned was to not rely on the main pump floor drain method. I will get a dump pump for the next time and some quality hoses.

Now comes the fun part (although I am sure the ladies and food were fun)

Do you know how to maintain your pool now?

NO pucks or tablets or "shock". Bleach or liquid chlorine (same thing just different strengths) ONLY to keep the FC up.

I have a link for you to read. It will show you what we use in OUR pools for clear, cheap water!

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Here is the whys of what we do.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the levels we keep our pools.

Pool School - Recommended Levels

When you kind of understand these let us know what questions you have no matter how small.

Kim

Now comes the fun part (although I am sure the ladies and food were fun)

Do you know how to maintain your pool now?

NO pucks or tablets or "shock". Bleach or liquid chlorine (same thing just different strengths) ONLY to keep the FC up.

I have a link for you to read. It will show you what we use in OUR pools for clear, cheap water!

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Here is the whys of what we do.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the levels we keep our pools.

Pool School - Recommended Levels

When you kind of understand these let us know what questions you have no matter how small.

Kim

Thanks Kim.

I am sucking in a lot of information. Info overload but love the TFP concept. I learned how to repair my own cars through the years because of, at first saving money that I didn't have, and then getting upset at mechanics messing things up. That is why I'm here on TFP.

Here is where I am at. I have been reading about chlorine as I bring up my levels. I am somewhat anal and have had some confusion on concentration levels. Will start a new thread. I have looked at some old ones and those are helping me with my decisions.

d81cb3ef809b7d4702560eb8691d63d5.jpg

You are doing a wonderful job--------reading other threads will help you now and in the future! I try to read every thread just in case I need to info one day.

Please link to the new thread from here when you start it to make sure we see it.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.