Aqualink/iAqualink/Aqualink RS - Not responding

Realize there are similar posts but have an interesting finding and not sure what to do with it.

As previously posted, sometimes the Aqualink RS will have all buttons lit and will read 6700 Rev C (or whatever your current revision is). This is typically reported as a communication error between the main board and the RS and the Jandy troubleshooting manual has some suggestions.

Interestingly, my iAqualink upgrade, which I installed in June, and which had been working perfectly, suddenly displayed this message. After some checking and e-mailing Jandy, they stated, 'We've seen this before with the AllButton controller (rectangular indoor unit) and the iAquaLink. There's a simple fix for it however, the installer or another service company need to come out and perform the fix'

They would not tell me what the 'easy fix' is.

When I checked the voltages between pins 1&4 of the communication link (which, according to the manual is supposed to be between 8 and 10 V), it read 19! :confused: Outside, it read 21 (so not much drop across the wires).

Any idea why this is happening?

Most likely I will try to install a small resistor to decrease the voltage and see if things return to normal but am worried this is a more serious issue.

Thanks

I hope this isn't the case with your system, but when it happened to me (twice), it was an electric surge from lightening that "fried" my main board in the box outside, and one of the times, it fried my control panel inside as well.

One of these babies on each side (in the box outside and in the wall behind the control panel) has, knock on wood, kept me good through 5 years of storms.

Again, I hope it's not that for you!

Brad

Well, couldn't get anywhere with Jandy so sent my board to this guy (http://bpelectronics.com/) who fixed it in one day and sent it right back (out on Monday and back by Friday). All for $150 (plus my costs for shipping (I chose to send it overnight so it was a little more)).

Wow, couldn't be happier. Yes, it was probably fried by lightning but already back in place and working fine.

Highly recommend this for anyone with board troubles and yes, power company coming out soon to install whole house surge protector.:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.