Help needed again! Numbers/out of town

Jun 11, 2015
O'Fallon, MO
Hello Experts. Thank you for all who help us newbies & of course, once anyone starts this method, it's so easy & I think it's safe to say everyone loves it! OK, so after a fairly long successful SLAM, we've been rolling along pretty well. I did numbers today after fully adding CYA last week. Here they are:

FC 5
CC 0
TA 110
CYA 30
PH the color still doesn't match the tube-it's strange, not really darker but a different shade than the 8.2 but definitely darker than the 7.8 so I'm guessing it's still too high.

I'm going out of town tomorrow morning & will be back Monday late night. I'm planning to use a puck since the CYA can afford it I think, but definitely need some expert advice. I have an Intex .75 HP sand filter (new this year). The skimmer is attached to the pump, not at the pool. I did buy the over the side skimmer, but it isn't connected as I can't get the outlet cover unscrewed & my son hasn't had a chance to come over to help yet. So, just eyeballing the skimmer I'm not sure a 3" will fit. That's really what I want to use b/c I can buy one at Target. I can also probably buy the smaller 1" at Walmart fairly cheap.

What would you guys recommend using? What size & how many? How long should I set the timer to run-the pump has a timer.

Should I add some acid to bring down PH? TIA!

Yes, lower PH with muriatic acid to 7.4. Put the puck, or 2 or 3, in a floater, not in the skimmer. I agree that your CYA has room to go up. I would target 40 or so. Run the pump whatever it is running now if it is working OK.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.