Pool maintenance non liquid

Apr 6, 2015
Davenport
Hi All

Wonder if you can please help with my pool problems, I am looking for a non liquid clorine method to maintain my parents pool, the home is empty and the pool is not used so I just want to keep it from turning green each week, I had to stop the pool guy as he was not arriving on time and each week would let it start to turn so right now I have a green pool previously used liquid clorine and tabs to maintain it. I don't mind storing dry chemicals but don't like the idea of liquids can anyone please suggest what I can use and how to start applying it with my current green pool?

A friend suggested TriClor? Is that an option maybe? I am located in central Florida if that makes any difference and my in ground pool is about 20k gallons.

Thank you

Stu

Owning a pool is a responsibility...... and not one that you can step away from, for any length of time. As I see it, you really only have two choices: get a SWG or hire a competent service. To use ANY form of solid chlorine is, by its very chemical nature, going to make more work and/or necessitate water changes, at a later date.

Nothing, but a pool, makes a stronger statement that, "there ain't no free ride."

No,matter how you slice it, you're still going to need to test and add chemicals on a weekly basis. If You don't have time for this, look into another pool service.

I think the answer is both - SWG and a competent pool service company.

If you can not be there to take care of the pool then the only option is a pool service. Problem is, they only show up once a week anyway so they will not do any better. If you have the SWG running, then you'll get a constant dosing of chlorine when the pool guy is not there. Then you need to find a pool service company that will follow your directions explicitly and not add anything to the pool it doesn't need (none of that weekly shock routine). It can be done but it will still take a lot of time.

The other thing to do is get an opaque pool cover to cut down on the UV and light which algae needs to grow. It will also allow you to hold chlorine better. Finally you'll want to use a supplemental algaecide like polyquat-60 as backup insurance.

Nothing replaces constant daily pool care, so anything you do will be more costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.