How much should I raise FC level?

Clayswen

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 22, 2012
Dean, Texas
My little girl is having a pool party this Saturday that consists of about 10 girls and maybe 5-6 adults swimming. Here are my current numbers and they are staying super steady. Swim party will last about 5 hours.

FC 6
PH 7.6
TA 70
CH 250
CYA 50

Thought about raising the level to about 9 or 10 an hour before the party. Any suggestions? Oh and its over 100 degrees all week.

I would raise it to 12 at least with a CYA of 50, as long as you are below shock level it's safe to swim. Conversely, no one around here ever plans ahead so I usually wind up having to raise FC higher at night after everyone leaves. In that case, I bump it up to 20 (shock level) then test in the morning and make sure it's still at least 19 before the sun hits it.

Definitely wouldn't start out as low as your target 6.

Clay that is up to you. I do want you make sure your addings are spot on...........does your FC get RIGHT where your target for each time you test and add?

You do NOT want to overshoot.............Do a little test----------test, do your math to push your FC up 1ppm, add the amount of bleach your math says, wait 30 mins (with pump running) and retest to make sure it only went up 1ppm.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.