low circulation pressure

rohan

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2009
Hi everyone - I am new to pool care, and have been backwashing once a month or so over the winter (about 5 backwashes). I have a DE filter. I have noticed that the suction pressure is dropping. I have a fountain and the pressure on the flow is marginal. In my skimmers, when I reach into them with the pump on, I cannot feel any suction. My filter gauge reads 0, but could be broken. I just read about adding DE after each backwash, which I have not done all winter. I have cleaned the filter basket (which was heavily clogged with earthworms and stuff). Any ideas what to do next? Trying to avoid actually manually cleaning the grids unless absolutely necessary. They are new grids and were installed last May.

You need to manually clean the grids. When you run a DE filter without DE, the grids themselves become clogged. I'd suggest you do it on a day that a pool store is open so you can get replacements before you put it back together if needed.

I don't know if it will work for you but I use the magilube to seal all of the gaskets. The pump basket gasket, the pump gasket. In my system, those are notorious for letting air in an pressure low. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.