Troubleshooting Jandy Stealth 2speed pump

Aug 29, 2012
San Diego
Hi All!

We have just over a 2 year old pool. I Noticed this afternoon that my pump wasn't running, so I went out to see what' was going on. I found that the circuit breaker had tripped and proceeded to reset. This was about half way through the daily timer job, so the timer kicked back on and attempted to start the pump. However, all that I heard was a humming sound for a few seconds and then all quiet. This then repeated again and realizing there was a problem I shut off the power. Took out the baskets and check for blockage, nothing. Disconnected the line from pump to filter and it appeared to be clear as well. I tried to see if there was a Manila way to spin the propeller, but it doesn't appear to be easily accessible.

Hoping someone may have some guidance on next steps, and really hoping it's a simple fix! ?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you can access the back of the motor there may be a slot in the motor shaft that you can turn it with a screwdriver. It should spin free. If so I would suspect a stuck start switch on the back side of the motor or a bad start capacitor

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.