1st results!

Let's get that PH up a bit too please. That CYA level is too low for OK. 40 or 50 I'd say. See the cya/chlorine chart in Pool School.

I don't mean to hijack, but how do you know that for the specific location of OK? I missed that in pool school. Forgive me, I am still trying to learn. I see the CYA chart, but nothing about location.

All of OK is hot and sunny so the higher end of the recommended CYA range is more appropriate. Sort of like the planting hardiness zones. Up north starts at 30 and down south is 50.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
...ok so I put in 1 gal 3 oz of bleach, a sock full of stabilizer 4 lbs (wont fit in my skimmer, so it is hanging in the water by the skimmer), and 3 lbs 5 oz of washing soda (dissolved in pale, then slowing poured in).

Running the pump on high, 14 psi..

When do I test again, and do I test all but the CYA??

You can test for all but CYA an hour after adding.
CYA you need to wait a week for full effect, so hold off testing that, it's a waste of reagents.

Looking better.
FC is ok but will have to be increasd as CYA increases.
pH overshot the mark a little but don't overdo any further adjustment as the CYA will bring this down some.
TA is a little low but while there are so many things changing I would not worry about it too much yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.