Baptism by Fire.

Jun 17, 2015
Nebraska
So not even two weeks old, our pool had a crazy bad storm the other night. I was all excited because I received my TF-100 kit and was able to see where I was at chemistry wise.

Locally, we got 2.10" of rain. My pool was full of leaves, dust, and debris.

I've spent the last couple days trying to re-balance everything. I'm so thankful for this forum, pool school, and the search function!

This has been a bad year for storms on our pools. I think I have drained more water than ever this year. Usually by now I'm adding water.

Hopefully you can get all the junk out of the pool and not have to SLam your pool.

Sounds like you are in control, great job on the TF100. It makes pool owning so easy. Let us know how it works out,.....oh...... and Welcome to TFP :wave:

So not even two weeks old, our pool had a crazy bad storm the other night. I was all excited because I received my TF-100 kit and was able to see where I was at chemistry wise.

Locally, we got 2.10" of rain. My pool was full of leaves, dust, and debris.

I've spent the last couple days trying to re-balance everything. I'm so thankful for this forum, pool school, and the search function!
2" in a 21' round pool is roughly 400 gallons (per pool math), or about 4% of your pool's water volume.

What levels were you struggling with for two days? That 4% addition of water really should not have made much of a difference in ppm levels, and if your FC is at or above target for your CYA, & you removed the debris quickly it should have not been an issue that couldn't have been resolved that same day.

Dom

2" in a 21' round pool is roughly 400 gallons (per pool math), or about 4% of your pool's water volume.

What levels were you struggling with for two days? That 4% addition of water really should not have made much of a difference in ppm levels, and if your FC is at or above target for your CYA, & you removed the debris quickly it should have not been an issue that couldn't have been resolved that same day.

Dom

After initial fill, my CYA was low, and my FC was low as well. 0 at one point. it was dropping very fast. I'm getting there, it's just a slow process for me during the week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.