Replace Aquapure 1400 with ???

zman

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 3, 2008
Frisco, TX
I'm preparing for the inevitable failure of the cell on my Aquapure 1400. Are there any better alternatives out there if I decide to go with a different system? My frustrations with the Aquapure center around the repeated failure of the flow sensor. I think I've gone through 3 of them in the last 4 years. Would it be cost effective to replace the whole system (are there any better out there)? Is it a major project to switch to another manufacturer?

I would look into the newest flow sensor design before switching brands if you only need to replace the sensor when it is time. I have not seen any reports here on TFP with a failed sensor of the new design.

I made the switch from the Aquapure to the Hayward AquaRite a couple months ago when my cell and sensor died. Like you, I had many problems with the sensors and went through 2 cells and 4 sensors in 5 years. The last cell and sensor were out of warranty so I would have needed to replace them at my cost. At that time I had not heard of the new sensor design and I was completely frustrated with the Aquapure so I made the switch to Hayward. Another factor for the switch was the flow rate on the Hayward is only 15 GPM while the Aquapure is 30 GPM and with my 2 speed motor and solar I had flow issues on low speed.

So far I'm satisfied with Hayward and I know about the current limiter issue they have with their boards, but I have a 3 year warranty and I can easily replace the limiter if I ever need to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.