CPSC 36 Dead Cell?

Apr 10, 2015
Atlanta
Hello,

I have a CPSC 36 system and have had it for approx 3.5 years. This is the first year we've started having issues with the SWG. Prior to the beginning of this year, we had never cleaned the cell in the acid bath. No one had ever explained that to us, not even the installer.

The cell has since been cleaned and I have run through the calibration procedures as well. The problem is that polarity 2 will always throw some kind of fault. Either no water, low salt, or high salt and never starts producing the chlorine cloud. Just can't make up its mind as to what is wrong with it. Polarity 1 seems to be functioning normally or will randomly throw high salt but will still produce chlorine. Salt is measuring at 3500 ppm verified by pool store and water temp is being measured correctly on the display.

When I had the cell taken apart for cleaning, I noticed that the center post on the inside of the plastic housing was really deteriorated. Could this be the cause of polarity 2 not functioning?

I'm guessing its time for a new cell just wanted to verify my findings.

Thanks!

Sam

Welcome to TFP.

You may need a new SWG. I am not very versed on them but since it was not taken care of, through no fault of yours, since no one said so, it may be done. You can manually dose your pool with liquid chlorine by using Pool Math that is linked in my signature. Also take a moment and read the other links provided, especially in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.