Anyone using the Intex Auto Cleaner?

Mickelin

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
Very mixed reviews on Amazon, but I think a lot of them refer to the older yellow version, not the current. I decided to give it a try, it doesn't cost very much. It seems to work OK, moves around the pool at speed and collects debris. My only concern is that the hose joints between the B sections and C sections leak a lot. But since the pressure is good enough to move the unit around anyway, I guess the leaks don't matter? Anyone else tried it? Hose leaking?

Update: I let it run overnight and it was surprisingly effective! It has picked up virtually all the stuff from the pool floor. Guess I don't need to worry about the leaking hose. Quite amazing for a $70 piece of plastic kit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 300
Yes I have one that I really am amazed by. I installed it on a 24ft round pool by building a few fittings to adapt to the thread size needed. I liked it so much I bought 2 more for parts, what do you know they worked too.:D LOL.

Worth every penny just because I haven't had to vacuum since June. :cool:

Mine will pick up leaves and pine straw as well as bugs and dirt.

Tim

You're welcome, sure beats vacuuming by hand! It runs fine on my 1600 gallon pump. I also tried it on my old 1050 gallon pump, but that is hit and miss. It runs for a while but then stops. I guess too much pressure is lost in the leaking hose. So make sure you have a decent pump!

I have it running in my pool, the thing go fast I don't have much stuff to pick in my pool my goal was something that can move the water at the bottom of my pool, the hoses leak but for the price it's a good deal

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

Just got ours too and we love it!! Very effective cleaner and the price?.

I was a little put off by the leaking hoses too but since I received a broken section of hose I have to call intex customer service anyway, I'll ask. I'll let y'all know what they say.

Edit:. They said it was normal and because of the water pressure. Pretty much what I thought but atleast now we know for sure. ?

Yea my pump ran the vacuum for 2 days no leaks then started massively leaking ...I have glue the spots where it seems to be leaking and it's still leaking and the vac will not move at all this is frustrating. Does anyone have a fix for the hose? Or a hose we can replace it with?

- - - Updated - - -

Mine worked for 2 days then started massively leaking I even tried to glue the joints shut and it still leaks. The vac will not move at all. Does anyone know a way to fix the hose? Or a hose we can replace it with ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The hose is designed to leak, so that it can rotate freely at those joints and not get twisted up.

If it's not moving, your pump is not powerful enough. Intex says 1500 gph is sufficient IIRC, but I don't recommend anything less than 2500 gph and the more the better.

I can't get my to move. My pump drops to no pressure because I. CAnt get the air out of the hose. I am running a 633T pump which is in the range for the cleaner. Same thing my hose seems to leak between the B and C joints

Same issue here. We have the 3000 gph pump so it should be strong enough. Leaks at joints. Also water is coming out of both ends of the vacuum, wondering if that is right since I'm not sure how it can movercome it water is being forced out both ends.

Same issue here. We have the 3000 gph pump so it should be strong enough. Leaks at joints. Also water is coming out of both ends of the vacuum, wondering if that is right since I'm not sure how it can movercome it water is being forced out both ends.
That's not right. The water should only come out of one end at a time. It alternates every 30 seconds or so. Sounds like something inside the mechanism is stuck.

I just bought the Intex automatic cleaner. Opened the box and discovered that one of the castering wheels is broken off. I had it sitting for a while, do I don't think it makes sense to try to do a return, I think I can fix it.

Taking the wheel off, I see the part that broke, the star-shaped wheel post broke off just past the tip of the screw holding the wheel and bearing assembly on. My plan is to use some epoxy and a longer screw to put it back on.

But I have a couple of questions maybe someone can help with. Does anyone know what the two big hollow tubes along the sides of the cleaners do? The location of the screw that holds on the wheel is such that if I need a much longer screw, I might drill right through into the tube and use a stainless nut and bolt rather than a screw into the plastic. Is water flowing through the tubes, and will a screw sticking up disrupt something? Or are the big tubes just cosmetic or just to help keep it rolling in a straight-ish line, basically a cute take on stabilizer fins?

Thanks,
Kirk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.