Hayward pump noise

Ozzie

Sep 13, 2012
Okay, my pump has started leaking at the shaft seal, new seal is on order, but it's started making an almost whirring sound that is quite loud, any ideas? Hopefully the new seal kit will be here soon.

Sounds like you'll need to replace your motor bearings. Did it recently the bearing cost $8 for a pair. Changing out bearings. Noisy motor.

You state you have a hayward 1hp single speed pump. What does the motor plate say? It my be AO Smith? Also what frame size? it may also be on the plate? If you provide an image of the data plate on the motor. You'll be able to confirm what bearing you'll need.

More than likely 6203 2RS like these: Qty 1 6203 2RS Premium 6203 2RS Seal Bearing hch Ball Bearings 6203 RS ABEC3 | eBay

You do not want metal shields. (Ending with ZZ or Z)

2RS is the same as 6203DD 6203UU 6203EE 6203DD 6203VV 6203DD 6203VV 6203LL 6203LLB Ball Bearing (6302 is the bearing size the last digits are the shields)

Sounds like you'll need to replace your motor bearings. Did it recently the bearing cost $8 for a pair. Changing out bearings. Noisy motor.

You state you have a hayward 1hp single speed pump. What does the motor plate say? It my be AO Smith? Also what frame size? it may also be on the plate? If you provide an image of the data plate on the motor. You'll be able to confirm what bearing you'll need.

More than likely 6203 2RS like these: Qty 1 6203 2RS Premium 6203 2RS Seal Bearing hch Ball Bearings 6203 RS ABEC3 | eBay

You do not want metal shields. (Ending with ZZ or Z)

2RS is the same as 6203DD 6203UU 6203EE 6203DD 6203VV 6203DD 6203VV 6203LL 6203LLB Ball Bearing (6302 is the bearing size the last digits are the shields)

Ok, thanks for the info, believe it is an AO Smith, but can't read the numbers, plate has been worn down somehow. But I do have a local place for bearings that is good for matching up, I use them a lot for work related stuff. No metal shields....noted. IIRC it's just a matter of removing the end caps and replacing said bearings? Haven't been into an electric motor in a while, but just rebuilt a Honda 6hp, removed, repaired and replaced a bobcat motor, transmission and clutch on a f150.....I stay busy..... I may get to use the pool one day....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.