What would you charge ?

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
A close friend of ours is planning on getting a trampoline for her Granddaughters Bday at the end of May. She has asked me to install it and the safety net and wants to pay me for doing it. I told her she didnt have to but she INSISTS !! I have no idea how much to tell her and I know if I tell her $1.00 she will be very offended and probably kill me !! Paying me $$ to install it isnt a problem for her but its the principal for me ... if you understand that ...

Does anyone have any idea or suggestions what I should/could charge her ? I know she has a figure in mind but wont tell me .. she wants me to tell her what its worth to me ....

Thanks

I agree with having a meal there. I do a lot of work for people for "free", and I always tell them, "I come work for the food". They sort of believe me. I just like helping out.

Also, when I help someone, I like to get them involved in some way. Even if it's holding the flashlight, helping me run wires, etc.. This way they don't feel bad about just buying lunch.

It's no big deal, just ask for a nice lunch and some drinks maybe. She's a good friend, so you'll hang out for the day/half day. Hey, you are good friends for a reason. Have fun.

FPM ... my son in law and some friends 3 christmas's ago in the middle of the night christmas eve I was out there helping until 3 am. So I know whats involved and I know for a fact she wont take no for an answer about the money but I see everyone elses point too ....

I am just not sure when she insists what to tell her .... IF I insist and tell her no its going to cause a big problem !! :blah: :rant:

Well, if it's a big enough job, and she chose not to hire the store to "install it". Just tell her "Whatever the store charges, pay me half". This way everybody is happy. She gets someone she is comfortable with, pays half the cost, and you get 'some' money for your troubles.

and... The most important thing is you guys don't have an argument about it.

or.. Make a fist, stick your little finger out towards the corner of your mouth and say "ONE BILLION DOLLARS..."

I had a similar issue, from the perspective of the receiving end, with a friend that volunteered to built a deck in my backyard.
He designed the entire thing, we provided the materials as he ordered and my husband and son helped but he would not take any money.
He spent every weekend building and a few evenings after work to build the deck but still would not take money!
He insisted, so I cooked or grilled whenever he was here, assured there were plenty of Mtn Dew's (his favorite) and when by luck his ipod died we bought him a new one!
Case closed and we have a beautiful deck overlooking the creek w/ a hottub on it under a portable gazebo and our friend is happy with his new ipod and for having done a friend a favor. It's actually nice to know that people like him still exist:)
Cheerio!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.