What the TFP Method Has Done to Me

Jun 2, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
1) Put me well on the road to being a "pool snob."
2) Put me in charge of the chemicals in my pool and although not perfect yet, I have the tools and the knowledge to get there.
3. Just went outside to check things, test, etc., and noticed the pump was running, but no water was flowing. Did I panic? A little. Then I shut off the pump and started researching what could be wrong and texted the fiance we may have a moderate pool issue here. Taking the simplest possible fix, I primed the pump with water in the basket filter area, did a little magic pump dance (quickly), and turned the pump on. It worked.

Fiance is planning to take it apart this weekend because I think the shaft seal needs replacing, it has been leaking a little for a while, and he is more of a mechanical fix-it guy than I am. I am planning on using the breaker-off period to get into the big filter and rinse out the cartridges and get familiar with it. It was cleaned well in June by the pool guy friend, but now I want a crack at it..

See? A little knowledge, a vast potential knowledge source at my back, and a little confidence. Look what you all did...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.