Spraying bleach on my bird cage

gtm

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
St. Petersburg, Florida
I spent some time searching the archives about this, but no luck. If, however, someone can point me to an earlier post, I would really appreciate it.

I have persistent mold or algae (not sure which) on the aluminum posts that make up my bird cage. It's just part of living in a very warm and humid place, I think. My pressure washer doesn't help. If I use enough pressure to remove it, the slightest "miss" on my part cuts the screen. I've decided that chemicals are required.

Since this is over my pool, it seems logical to use bleach in a hose end sprayer. But I am not sure what concentration would effective, but also safe. By safe, I mean safe landing on the hedge and grass next to the pool, and more importantly, safe landing on me. My wife says not to worry about, but I think she likes a clean bird cage as much or more as she likes me :confused:

I thought that maybe some fraction of the shock level might be a guide, but decided that since this depended on the CYA level in the pool as opposed to what was in the bottle, it might not be such a good idea.

Would appreciate any guidance you all could offer.

Thanks, Gary

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.