Landscaping Your AGP

Jul 30, 2015
UK
Guys,

Would love to see pictures of your successes in decking or landscaping your above ground pools. I have taken a look in the pictures section but most seem to be of in-ground pools.

Would appreciate some inspiration :cool:

Thanks in advance

Here is what we did on a slope:
11t94ic.jpg

My ABG has a border of egg rock around it, that we sit plants and "decorations" on. Most of the plants come inside for the winter - they would not live in NJ winters (jade trees, bottle palms, aloes, etc.)

My deck goes a bit more than a 1/4 of the way around the pool. The shade structure on the deck is bolted to the deck and stays up all year, the fabric comes off for the winter though. The deck sits just under the top rail.

The filter is hard piped and the skimmer and return are under the deck. The filter itself sits just under the edge of the deck for easy access. It gets removed during the winter and lives in the shed.

The pool sort of sits in the middle of the yard like an island (where it is sunny most of the day)

pool%20long_zpsocarefzj.jpg

Detail of deck, rock, and plants - yeah I prop the child gate open - my entire yard is fenced as well and has a auto closing child proof gate too (that we keep closed). We close the gate on the pool when we have small children over the house, our youngest is 10 and can open that gate anyway. You can just see the filter skimmer on the left hand side under the deck.

Close%20pool_zpsffx7fb4z.jpg

And that is where the filter lives

Filter_zpsco1ihkfm.jpg

You can see how much of the pool has deck around it. the deck goes back to where the floats are all stacked up Pardon my dead grass - we have had almost no rain here.

Above%20pool_zpsvvjisvzn.jpg

what kind of ladder is that and do you have any issues with it moving or is it stable?

zombie is correct. Confer 7200. They are really made for hard walled AGP's so they can be bolted to the top of the frame. Ours, however, I just used some bungee cords to strap it to the support polls. It's not 100% stable, but close. My Honey climbs in and out with no problems and she just had her shoulder replaced last month. The only problem with the bungee's is it has to go all the way against the wall on the outside, thus eliminating the "swim through" barriers built onto the back of the inside pool side steps. We don't have children, so that lack of safety device does not bother me.

We LOVE the steps. They are WAY WAY better than the intex type that came with the pool. The platform on the top is awesome. Plus you can roll a cover down over the steps and pad lock it for extra security for any kids that may happen into your back yard when you are not around.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a really nice looking set up phonedave!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's a really nice looking set up phonedave![/QUOTE]

Thanks. At think at last count, I have brought 6 yards of rock (a half yard at a time for the most part) into that yard. Between egg rock around the pool, pea gravel under the swings, 3/4" clean in the drainage swale, and eastern sunrise in the garden bed area it is starting to look like a landscape supply demonstration area.

I could haul a yard of stone in my trailer - by volume. However I have done it a few times, with both stone and topsoil, and it scares me to death. It is over the weight limit on the axle, and if that thing goes, well I don't want to think about it. The landscape yard is only 3 miles away, and sells 1/2 yards for no extra fee, so I can make multiple trips. It's three years to get it to that point.

-dave

I do not have room to plant them and they do have to be brought in for winter also, however you get the idea.
10640-albums2451-picture80453.jpg

10640-albums2451-picture80454.jpg

John

What a very nice and compact hard sided above ground pool. I love how you set this up.

Guys,

Would love to see pictures of your successes in decking or landscaping your above ground pools. I have taken a look in the pictures section but most seem to be of in-ground pools.

Would appreciate some inspiration :cool:

Thanks in advance

Mine is a small 9x18 inch pool but wapool2.jpg20150809_200931.jpgpool3.jpgnted to be sure we would actually use it before upgrading. We have a small backyard but have made the most of it and we use it every day!! May upgrade to a slightly larger pool next year. Not fancy but boy do we enjoy it in these hot months!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.