Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Keeping rocks out of pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Keeping rocks out of pool?

Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to this? My Pool vac ultra keeps getting stuck. I have gravel on the other side of the pool but the landscapers and birds help make those deposits back into the pool

Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks!
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter W/ 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Keeping rocks out of pool?

Shoot the birds and tell the landscapers to be more careful when they are working around the pool area !!

Seriously ..... how are the landscapers getting the rocks into the pool ? When they are cutting grass, weed eating, blowing trimmings ? Perhaps they can think of a better method of operating the equipment around the pool.

Not sure I am understanding how the birds ar putting stones in the pool ?
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Keeping rocks out of pool?

Quote Originally Posted by TizMe
    Shoot the birds and tell the landscapers to be more careful when they are working around the pool area !!

Seriously ..... how are the landscapers getting the rocks into the pool ? When they are cutting grass, weed eating, blowing trimmings ? Perhaps they can think of a better method of operating the equipment around the pool.

Not sure I am understanding how the birds ar putting stones in the pool ?
    LOL!!!

Right, when they are trimming the grass...I probably should have thought of talking to them first but I thought it couldnt' be helped.

As far as the birds, it seems like as they walk from the gravel to the pool, they track 1 or 2 stones (I have a problem with pigeons unfortunately). The 1 or 2 stones are just enough to stop the pool vac in it's tracks
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter W/ 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra