Brown Water but water tests just about perfect

Aug 4, 2015
Monticello, MN
Hi, I just became a member after getting nowhere on my own. I have a pool place in town that does my water testing through BioGuard for free. My last water sample I just needed a bit of Muriatic acid to bring PH down. However my pool has had brown water now for a few days. In the past I have only experienced brown water when we fill in the spring right after chlorination. We have plenty of metals in our city water and it's a common problem here. But It's been full for 2 months, and I have only added a few inches of water all summer. I've been using a Sand Pro 50 for about 3 years now and it has worked great except that the basket where the sand sits keeps cracking(I am on my second basket and It's cracked too). Now i'm wondering if the darn thing is even working. It's running. It has new sand as of this spring. But today I was expecting very brown(chocolate) water coming out as I backwashed but it wasn't very dark at all it was only a little brown. The pool has been brown for 3 days and I'm not seeing it clearing up at all. Any suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.