Spare set of cartridge filters to swap out & clean, good idea?

Jun 18, 2015
Oldham, KY
I have been told I need to use pool filter cleaner and soak my four C7470 cartridge filters for 12-16 hours in the cleaning solution. I am thinking about ordering 4 new ones, replacing the original 4 and cleaning them then storing those 4 to use next time I have to clean. Just rotate each set of 4 every time I need to clean the filters. Here are the 4 I'd liek to purchase and swap out with the 4 that are in the filter.

Amazon.com : 4) NEW UNICEL C-7470 Replacement Swimming Pool Filter FC1976 PCC80 For Pentair : Swimming Pool Cartridge Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

Are there any issues with removing and storing cartridge filters that have seen some use and then reusing them?

There is no problem rotating different sets of filters, except making sure to store them where mice can't turn them in to nests (personal experience talking). That said, who is telling you that your filter needs deep cleaned and why? Either way, if you do feel like you need to clean it then here are some instructions chem geek wrote about when and how to clean a filter: Re: How to clean a cartridge filter

Bob - you can also use dawn dishwashing detergeant. Soak the filters for a couple hours in a garbage can, flip, repeat, rinse. There's nothing environmentally damaging in either - you can dump the dirty water right on your lawn and let it naturally recycle. Even if you throw in TSP, that won't hurt the lawn either (it's actually good for your grass!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.