Long term closing

Jun 14, 2013
SW OKC
So I've been thinking about closing our pool long term (8-9 months), or maybe even a couple seasons. We have a 4 month old baby which doesn't leave much time for maint. or swimming. Normally we get it open and its all fun for a couple months then the use slowly goes down until time to close for the season, then I'm just left maintaining it and powering it. It's not much work for me, just time and money. So what would be the best way to close it long term? What would you do, close for 8-9 months or just take it down for a couple seasons and get another when the time comes? My in-laws have a pool, a couple friends have pools, so there will always be one around if we need to cool off. I just cant decide what I want to do.

I hate to say it but the best thing to do would be to give away or trash the pool. Keep your eyes open for end of the season deals. I bought my Intex 20'-52" pool for $209 last year at Target.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.