Liner degradation/liner recommendation?

Jun 8, 2011
Charleston, IL
Hi,
We have a 4-year old vinyl liner pool with an auto cover. Our liner has stretched to the point of embarrassment....still functions but looks bad. The corners especially look bad; we have right-angle corners and the vinyl sticks out; looks like a rounded corner. I had the liner rep out and he tried to tell me that it was a result of a chemical imbalance (had some clarity issues which are now fixed) and the auto cover trapping heat. He likened it to a closed-up car on a hot day. He said it would just continue to degrade.

!. Can anyone tell me about chemicals affecting the liner? We did have high chlorine at one point for about a week but was corrected.
2. Does anyone else have right-angle corners? If so, how does your liner fit? Pictures would be great. The liner company says it should "fit like a glove".....not mine lol.
3. Any liner manufacturer recommendations?

Thanks.

If you could post some pictures of your problem that would help us troubleshoot the issue. Also any test results that show the history of the pool would help too. How high was the chlorine and for how long? What was the CYA and pH during this time? Chlorine tends to effect color and loss of elasticity. Chronic low pH can cause a liner to wrinkle. From you description it sounds more like the liner has shrunk than expanded.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.