Heater crapping out, should I try and fix or replace???

Jul 20, 2015
Atlanta, GA
TFP'ers,
I just bought the house with pool/spa and it has a Jandy LITE2 heater. The first day, it heated up the spa great. Since then, it will only heat up to about 94 degrees. Some photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/hKm9CKKw9spLkotNA.

Any ideas on whether this is something that can be fixed, or should I look to replace it all together? If replace, any recommendations on a heater that would fit into same area and with same pipes?

Thanks!

McLovin

It sounds like the thermostat isn't working correctly. From your pictures it looks like the thermostats are the same for the pool & spa. Maybe you can swap them. If that fixes the problem you can see if a new thermostat is available & at what cost.

I'm in a similar situation with my 20 year old Hayward heater, water gets too hot. The supports for the burner are very rusty so I'll probably replace the heater next year. I like that most of the new heaters have a digital thermostat.

OK, thanks guys. I'll give those suggestions a try. I was looking online to figure out what a replacement heater would be and cost. I found that the Jandy Legacy LRZ Pool Heater would be it. Do you guys agree? And any recommendations on where to get it cheapest (I found that on Pool Supplies Unlimited), or if I should consider a different brand?

Thanks for the help.

McLovin

OK, thanks guys. I'll give those suggestions a try. I was looking online to figure out what a replacement heater would be and cost. I found that the Jandy Legacy LRZ Pool Heater would be it. Do you guys agree? And any recommendations on where to get it cheapest (I found that on Pool Supplies Unlimited), or if I should consider a different brand?

Thanks for the help.

McLovin

I respectfully disagree on your choice for a new heater. If you want a good unit with less cost of ownership, Raypak. They get very good reviews on here as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.