Green swamp

Actually, no need to run your SWG at that pace. Stick just with the bleach for now and save some SWG cell service life. When you get your test kit and start the SLAM, you will turn it off anyways. I would suggest giving the SWG a rest until you complete the SLAM.

Definitely turn the SWG off. It's much easier to get your pool SLAMed and then balanced just using liquid bleach, then turn the SWG on to maintain. The SWG requires some tuning itself with % and Pump run schedule so you want a good balanced pool where you can get reliable FC tests to tune in your SWG run schedule.

You should go to the store and get at least 10 gallons (or more) to get started.

It all depends on your CYA level to determine your shock level for the slam.

Make sure you stay ABOVE the shock level during the slam.

I had a mustard slam once and I went through 39 gallons of bleach
in a week and a half with a CYA of 70

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't have a salt pool, but it would be easier to SLAM with the lower CYA level. Once the SLAM is complete, you can raise your CYA. You can SLAM at either CYA level though, you just might use a little bit more bleach if you raise the CYA now.

OK here are some numbers. I am trying to keep the FC at 20.

8/5/15. 4pm. FC is 15. CC is 2.5

8/5/15. 8pm. FC is 10.5. CC is 2

8/5/15. 10pm. FC is 19. CC is 2

8/6/15. 9am. FC is 8. CC is 1.5

I have to work a 12 hour shift tonight. Should I turn the SWG on to keep the FC up or have the wife add a gallon every couple of hours?

Teach the wife how to sample and use pool math ;) That's what I did and she did great. Empowerment is the best tool :)

Do not turn the SWG on with elevated FC levels....there's evidence it could damage the cells.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.