New, Orange Pool...

Hello All!
We have a new Intex 22 X 54 pool filled with well water and just as many others have experienced its now rust orange. Hoping to get some idea of what to do since following direction of the local pool store prior to finding this wealth of info on TFP.

Highlights:
Day 1 cocktail:
~ 2lb HTH Super Shock (Saturday)
~ 2 3" Chlorine tablets floating about

Pool Store Testing Day 2:
CYA 0
pH 7.5
Fc 6.7
Alk 242
Hardness 354
Copper 0.1
Iron 0.4

Added based on recommendations:
1/3 gal Muriatic acid to lower alkalinity
16oz Stainrine for metals

So far I have been flushing out the filter roughly every 3-4 hours during the day and the water appears to becoming lighter in color, slowly.

From studying pool school I need to raise my CYA to ~30, I will be picking up some stabilizer after some more research on TFP recommendation.

The question I have is my water went from brown while filling to rust orange color, will the chemicals I have in now clear up the water, slowly over time? Or is there another option...

A couple things:
#1 - Welcome to TFP!
#2 - You should take a look at this page: Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains. Understand that once metals are in yoru water or supply source, it's just something you have to learn to manage.
#3 - Pool store testing? No good. Please see these two links for the proper test kit:
TFTestkits.net
Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Here are some other links you will use quite often:
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
Poolmath calculator
Pool School - Recommended Levels
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Welcome, and let us know if you have any more questions.

Richard always has such good,quotes, I'll throw one in here.
Try the search function for rust or iron.

Some people have had good luck putting layers of paper towels in the skimmer basket to trap the rust particles. Someone else recently made some sort of prefilter using pillow batting in a bucket. The more you can remove physically as rust particles, the less you'll have to deal with chemically.

Welcome to TFP. How's the pool coming along?