We did it!

Jul 12, 2015
Ooltewah, TN
Thanks for everyone's help. We chose a pool and dig starts in 2weeks. Firm drawings this Friday.

What we got:
20x35 grecian 4 - 5 1/2' - 4' sport bottom
900' of sandstone color stamped concrete (no high gloss slippery stuff) 12' in step end, 8' on left side, 4' opposite from steps and side.
27mil liner
1.65 Hayward Tri-Star Pump (100 gpm turnover) Checking price of 2 speed, but will likely get.
48sq ft DE filter
1 skimmer/dedicated auto cleaner line
high pressure return jets
14 gauge steel walls
8' poly braced concrete reinforced steps
dual anti vortex main drains
foam cushion between liner and wall
aluminum coping
hayward SWG with timer and freeze controls
hayward pro logic LED 4.0 multi color light
One rate for electric installation ($1500)
plumbing for slide (down the road)
3 deck jets on opposite side of pool.
$34K

I will certainly lean on you through the process as I am a newbie at all this pool lingo.
Please let me know if anything odd sticks out!

Looks like you have done it now!

Aluminum coping? not sure what you mean here though. Sounds like lots of hot feet with this.

Kim

Vinyl liner pools usually have an aluminum coping that the liner locks into, and the concrete is poured right up to. The white line that's a couple inches thick around the top of most vinyl liner pools is the aluminum coping.
af7587a7824b6aeb66776e9dcaec7fc1.jpg

There's mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do I have another choice? Been in few pools with that white strip, never occurred to me that it was really hot.

From my reading, you can do a brick or concrete cantilever edge. Not sure exactly how it works, maybe a different kind of track under it, but it's supposed to be more expensive. Personally, if the money turns into an object, as it would with me, I would just have it painted a different color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it would be a problem. Guy would have already had a problem if it were going to be something that needed to be changed.

I had no idea the small,white strip was called a coping on that pool. I am used to big stones and paver like piece being called coping so I was seeing a 6" wide strip of shiny aluminum all around the pool. I am sorry that I caused any worries on your part. :(

Kim

I have a vinyl pool with the white aluminum coping. My pool sits in the sun all day. We have regular temperatures in the 90s here in KY, and I never have felt that coping and thought that it was too hot. It has never felt warmer than my plain concrete decking. I would not worry about the temp of it.

You can replace it with a cantilevered concrete edge. I think that my PB wanted an extra $1500 of $2000 for it, and we decided that it was not worth it. The edge I think also adds about a week to construction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.