New Pool in Florida - Color is Antigua

FullSizeRender[1].jpg
FullSizeRender[3].jpg
When I was building my pool it was hard to find pics of my selected pool color, so I thought it was a good time to post some pics and see if this helps someone else.
My pool was completed in January 2015. The pool surface is pebble aggregate in FreeStone Marbletite, and the color is Antigua. We are really happy with the color, and the builder was terrific. There were two co-workers at my place of business that had pools built by Craft Master Pools and recommended them to me, which is the best way to find a builder, I think. The pool is approx. 36 x 18.
I'll post a few more pics and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Reactions: Cindy Lou
Beautiful pool and you being in Florida will enjoy it a lot. Can you tell me what the privacy hedge in the background is. What part of Florida because I live here to. I love the choice of pool surface. I'm going to start a new one in a couple of weeks so I'm reading every thing I can. Beautiful Pool:)

We're in south Florida, Palm Beach County. I'm on a zero lot line, so that hedge belongs to my neighbor. It's a ficus, which can be sort of bad to have near water, because the root system is very invasive and aggressive. On the plus side, it is very hardy and grows quickly and easily.
We are very happy with the pebble aggregate finish. It's Freestone Marbletite. The surface has a nice comforting grip to it, but doesn't scrape your feet.

Since your pavers are TBD, I can highly recommend the pavers we got. They are called Artistic Pavers and the variety we chose was called "ShellLock", which has tiny sea shells embedded in them.
They are very dense in construction so you won't see algae or mold growing on them. That means you won't have to bleach or pressure-wash them as you would with some natural stones. We chose a light, peachy sort of color and they don't get hot in the sun, just warm, even though our yard is facing west and gets blasted by sun almost the whole day. They also don't get slippery and they have beveled edges so you don't stub your toes on them. They look great, and feel great under foot.

thanks StevieA

I can't seem to make up my mind. I love your pool and color. It does help to be able to see a picture of a real pool. I've brought home chips and compared on website but you are so gracious to provide a picture. Can you tell me the difference between Pebble Aggregate finish or Pebble Tech or is there difference in price. The reason I'm asking is another site I read that when it comes to pool finish Pebble Tech will last longer. Just asking because sites have different opinions. I also love the Artistic Pavers and didn't even know they existed. Would that be more expensive than pavers and I wouldn't stub my toe your right. I have not signed a contract yet because I want to be educated. I've had pools fiberglass and Vinyl but this is my first custom.
Thank You
D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
View attachment 41119
View attachment 41120
When I was building my pool it was hard to find pics of my selected pool color, so I thought it was a good time to post some pics and see if this helps someone else.
My pool was completed in January 2015. The pool surface is pebble aggregate in FreeStone Marbletite, and the color is Antigua. We are really happy with the color, and the builder was terrific. There were two co-workers at my place of business that had pools built by Craft Master Pools and recommended them to me, which is the best way to find a builder, I think. The pool is approx. 36 x 18.
I'll post a few more pics and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

I’m considering upgrading to the freestone finish and had chosen the St Thomas color which seems very close to yours, although I really like your color and wonder how having a screen enclosure and more shade would affect the color, and if going a shade darker would be better.
Do you have any issues with the finish being rough on your feet ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.