scottrodo from Wheeling, WV

Jul 20, 2015
Wheeling, WV
Hi all. I'm Scott from Northern Panhandle of WV (Wheeling). I'm putting up a new AG, albeit a bit late in the year for it. My previous AG collapsed last fall due to weakened wall below the return port that I did not recognize severity of. At least I got some warranty coverage and, more importantly, nobody was in or near the pool when it happened. Potentially serious injuries were averted. I had been flying by seat of my pants as far as pool balances went. This site has really given me a lot of great info to treat the new pool. Previous pool would get periodic algae blooms and I struggled mightily with various expensive products. The things I'm reading here make it appear that I should, with just a modicum of disciplined testing, be able to maintain my water much more effectively and efficiently than before. Of course, the proof is in the pudding but I can't see how I can do anything but save money and headaches by following the guidance here.

Welcome, Scott. I can attest to the advice on this site - my water is crystal clear & I've never been in a pool store! Hopefully you have the same success, just make sure you get a high-quality test kit like the TF-100. You can't fix what you don't measure! Enjoy.

Welcome to TFP! So glad to hear no one was in or around the pool when it went! That's a pretty scary thought to be honest! I'd be shocked just to see it go down myself!