Winter Cover is Sinking Into My Pool

jdubya

Jul 9, 2007
We got a lot of snow this winter. I had to go out on two separate occasions to loosen the cable that cinches the cover around the pool. By the end of the winter the weight of the snow and ice pushed my pillow to the side of the pool and caused the cover to sink into the pool. Now that the ice has melted I want to try and get the cover back up to its "original" position or as close to it as possible. The problem now is there is about 2' - 3' of water on top of the cover. The cover is acting like a bowl right now. How can I get the water off the cover so that the cover can be lifted up? I can't pump the water out of the pool as that would make the cover sink further into the pool. I was thinking maybe I could siphon the water above the cover to below the cover but I don't think I could take enough water off quick enough to accomplish this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my cover back up to its original position? Thanks a bunch!

Jim

Welcome to TFP!

A siphon won't work since there is no drop.

I'd just take the cover off. Close enough to opening in much of the US, and even closer for you based on your IP address. Much less trouble than fighting it.

Most use a utility pump to siphon the water off the cover. The pump hooks up to a standard garden hose and sits on top of the winter cover. In fact I just finished doing that with my cover.
John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.