How to keep the algae out?

May 31, 2015
edison/nj
We got our pool fixed with new liner and new water. Realized that the motor is bad when it was ready to start. Trying to get a new pump or getting this one fixed ( which is taking time). I let my kids jump in it just once as not very confident about adding chlorine in the pool without the pump running. How can I prevent the algae to build up. I try to brush it once a day and manually remove the leaves and other debris from the top with a net. Please advice any more things I can do to keep the pool clean.

thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply..but I didn't understand when you say may look like a bathtub? Also is it ok to keep swimming in it?
You won't be filtering out anything. It will just be sitting there, like dirty bathwater. Assuming you can see the bottom, the pH is okay, and there's adequate FC for your CYA level, it's okay to swim. A couple swimmers will mix the water better than you ever will with a brush. No matter what, you have to keep the FC level up or your pool will turn green, filtering or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.