Non-Slip Deck Coating

Hilton

In The Industry
Jun 15, 2010
I have an issue where some amateurs painted a 12" stripe around the an in-ground pool ... using the same paint they used on the pool. It is very slippery when wet.

The surface is aggregate concrete; sandblasting off the paint is a possibility next year, albeit with a good chance of ruining the concrete underneath.

What I am looking for is a product which I can put over top of this paint that will provide a surface that is non-slip when wet. I've found two possibilities...
- Cloverdale Paint's Step Safe - which provides a high grit surface, but still feels slippery when wet against bare skin; seems well suited for wet traction for shoes, but not bare feet.
- Deckote, which I have not tried, but again seems to rely on bumpiness for traction.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?

I paid a guy to do paint my deck with Rustoleum Deck & Concrete Restore. See photo. Solved the safety issue with our slick concrete deck. He power washed the old peeling slippery paint and rolled two coats of this stuff on.image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The surface (photo attached)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try again to upload a pic of the surface (I'm on my ipad)image.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.