Aqualuminator/Quasar Light

jrv331

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
I have one of these on my pools and this year I'm going to hard plumb my system. I see that Aqualuminator has a "hard plumbing adapter" but I cant seem to find out what exactly it is. I called Pentair(who makes them now) and they were of no help. Any one with one of these lights able to help me out? I'm having trouble figuring out how to attach a 2" pipe to this.
Thanks
John

That's American Products p/n 79202900. You can find it but you want to know what exactly it does?
I've never used one, but I'd imagine it's a glue-on adapter that's 1.5" female slip on the plumbing side. You'd have to then connect to a 2" > 1.5" reducer, and then to a 2" coupling for your 2" pvc.

Thanks for the reply, I have the part number and a picture of it. If you look at it, it doesen't quite look like it will fit over the "shaft" of the light. From the picture there's a small lip on it. Im hoping its exactly what you said it was, that's what I'm looking for. A 1 1/2" fitting is too big right now. My only other option is to jam and glue a 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 adapter on then an adapter to 2".
Thanks
John

Yes I did. I checked with three local plumbing supply stores and none carried anything close in size. Its smaller than 1 1/2" and bigger than 1 1/4". The adapter is a perfect fit.
Let me know if you need anything else.
John

I glued the adapter to the light then glued a 1 1/2" pvc slip X FPT to the adapter. I bought a 1 1/2" MTP x 2" union and screwed that in and glued my 2" pvc to that. Look at photo # 4, those are the pieces I used. Forget the rest of the pics they were just a before thought. Let me know if you need anything else.

8.jpg

John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.