Intex deluxe wall mount skimmer depth?

Jun 19, 2015
Rochester/NH
I installed a new Ultra Frame 18x48 pool this year & lowered the water level to 36" for my youngest. Since I plan on raising the level to the proper height as she grows I can't do an in wall skimmer but desperately need a skimmer with all the bugs in my yard. Seems like my only choice is the Intex wall mount skimmer set up that everyone fights with so my question is how low will the skimmer mount? At one point I saw an extension bracket that was available separately to lower the skimmer height but can't find it now. If I buy the deluxe "kit" it includes a bracket but can someone verify the height? Right now with my water level dropped I am about 2.5" above the intakes or about the middle of the return, I modified my return with PVC so it doesn't aerate the pool btw.

I think it would be easier to build a shallow end. I have seen several platforms but I can't find them now. My kid too fast and I deleted the bookmarks. But a platform for the little kids that is removable might be easier than trying to adjust the skimmer height.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.