stabilizer 300, phosphates 500, FC at 1 - HELP

Drain 50 % now.

1. Your FC is up high so when you refill you may not need to add any more.

2 you are in the mind set to do it, I can tell.

3. You'll have the rest of the summer to enjoy a VERY manageable pool at CYA = 50 ppm.

Ending SLAM FC rapidly dropping. Last nite down to 28. Yeah - I think we re going to go ahead with another drain. Got some hot weather coming in next week! Thanks for the "go-for-it".

Should I start to add bleach as I begin to refill (I slowly splash in with hose end) to keep it from turning green. How much do you think would be good to add over the "hours" this will take. Will probably be adding 10-12000 gal.

Thanks.

Karen

Alrighty - Second drain and refill done. The winners are:

FC - 5.5ppm
CC - <0.5
pH - < 7.0
TA - 75
CH - 50

CYA - 50

Sorry - couldn't help myself.

Now I guess I need to get pH raised - will add 68 oz washing soda in water to return and wait till morning to see sparkling water I can AFFORD to keep that way THANKS to all of the contributors to my dilemma. :D

If you want to raise your pH with only half the rise in TA, then use 20 Mule Team Borax instead of using washing soda.

For example, if your pH were at 7.0, then adding 62 ounces weight of washing soda to get it to 7.5 would raise the TA from 75 to 98 ppm. If you were to use 122 ounces weight of Borax instead, the TA would rise from 75 to 87 ppm (your borates would rise by 5 ppm as well). If you were to aerate the water, you could raise the pH with no change in TA.

Do I just turn on the shower heads (3) in the pool which will add water as well to raise pH?

You could but that might be a little slow. Try it tonight and see how quickly it comes up. Don't keep it below 7 for long. As chem geek said, 20 Mule team is about the PERFECT way to raise pH with no real side affects.

BTW, CYA - 50

is no small task. Very nice work!

You can turn on the shower heads, or if you don't need more water added. You can angle your return eye that brings the water back into the pool upward where the return water is skimming the water surface causing bubbles. Leave it that way for the night. Then recheck your pH in the morning.

If your pH is still not up enough keep the eye up skimming the surface. Your pH isn't too far away from where you want it, and that will help some, but adding 20 mule may still be needed?

Once your pH reaches 7.2 then you can angle the return back down, and to the right so it can properly circulate your water.

I hope this helps. Have a nice night :)

UPDATE: OH yeah and I'm so proud of you getting your CYA down to 50. WHOOO HOOO, LOL GO YOU!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.