Chlorinator problems

alfred

Jul 10, 2015
discovery Bay, Ca
I have a new pool about 2 months old and I am still learning how things work or don't work.

The SWC seems to be having problems. I have a case open with Pentair and the rep came out to look at it and he said that everything was working the way it should.

The problem is that all the lights would be on and then the cell on light would go off and then a few minutes later come on again. No changes to anything were made and yesterdayday when we were using the pool this happened saveral times and I took some pictures.

Is this normal or do you think I have a problem.

Pentair said they would replace the cell if there was something wrong with it.

thumb_DSCF1594_1024.jpgthumb_DSCF1595_1024.jpg
top pic Cell off bottom pic normal cell on

The cell off would stay off for a few minutes and the return to normal, run for a time and then go to cell off.

Is this normal or do I have a problem?

From the manual,

Cell: Shows the status of the IECG.
• Green (flashing): The IECG needs to be inspected. The blades
may have calcium buildup. The IECG is not producing chlorine.
• Green: IECG is good and producing chlorine
No Light: IECG is off and not producing chlorine. It may be in an
off-period of the sanitizing cycle and will return on shortly. This
light will also be blank if the water temperature is below
52° F +/-3° F (11° C +/ 1.67° C). This cold water cutoff mode
extends the blade life.

As Pooldv pointed out, the Cell light is only on when the IC40 is making chlorine. When you adjust the output percentage all you are really doing is adjusting how long the cell is on vs. off. So, ballpark, if you have the output set to 50% the cell light would be on 50% of the time and off the other 50% of the time. Sounds to be like the cell light is working as it should.

Jim R.

You have it set to 80%. So if the cycle is 2 hours (I am not sure of the exact cycle length). Then the SWG would be generating for 96 minutes and then be off for 24 minutes before turning on again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.