What no one told me about slamming

Wade C

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Tampa, FL
Started slamming my pool last Friday evening, and this morning - day eight - I had a 0 OCLT and a 0 CC. So, no one told me before I started that a sparkling clear pool would allow me to see every speck on the bottom of the pool...lol...and after taking it from cloudy and kind of green water to what it is today, I feel like I should quit my job and focus on vacuuming and testing every hour to keep it pristine. All kidding aside, thanks to all for the assistance and guidance you provided me - and the forum every day. In the couple weeks since joining I have learned more about my pool than in have in the previous three years. If any new readers are wondering if the TFP method works, here's the skinny...it does. Thanks again, and I'll see you around the forums.

Very nice post, Wade C. Unfortunately, you have contracted a pool geek disease called Sparklypoolitis.

It is incurable. Symptoms are excess vacuuming, gazing at your beautiful pool, and babbling to others about TFP as they look at you with blank expressions.

There is a large support group here at TFP as many of us have contracted it as well. I've had it about nine years. Carry on, my friend.

An even worse side effect is that you will hate swimming in all non-TFPC pools from now on. And it will get worse each year until you buy a Tab and never get out of your own pool or go anywhere else. Uh wait, oops, TMI!!! :-D

I just put my pool in this year, I am so happy I found this forum!!! This forum influenced many decisions I made during the pool build and now it is helping me greatly maintaining the pool.

Great Forum with Great Folks!!!!

Become a Lifetime Member, its the least you can do to pay them back and you get a discount on the TF-100 test kit!!!!

We are at a very nice resort right now and both the pools are cloudy. The main pool was sitting for 48 hours with no water circulation at all. Pumps simply weren't running and debris was collecting on the surface around the edges and in the corners. The pumps are back on now but the water is disgusting. Seems like I'm the only one who noticed though. No one else complained and the staff certainly weren't concerned when I pointed it out. The "pool guy" was off for a couple of days and I was told he would look at it when he returned. Unbelievable. Even now, you can hardly see the bottom and it's only 5 feet deep.

Had I not contracted SparklyPoolitis by joining this forum, I too would have been unconcerned. Beware.

I should have recommended more cowbell.

We are at a very nice resort right now and both the pools are cloudy. The main pool was sitting for 48 hours with no water circulation at all. Pumps simply weren't running and debris was collecting on the surface around the edges and in the corners. The pumps are back on now but the water is disgusting. Seems like I'm the only one who noticed though. No one else complained and the staff certainly weren't concerned when I pointed it out. The "pool guy" was off for a couple of days and I was told he would look at it when he returned. Unbelievable. Even now, you can hardly see the bottom and it's only 5 feet deep.

Had I not contracted SparklyPoolitis by joining this forum, I too would have been unconcerned. Beware.

I should have recommended more cowbell.

A resort should be more concerned for safety reasons. Not being able to see the bottom is very dangerous and I would keep my distance from that pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't believe that the folks that do pool care the traditional way; when I tell them about the TFP way; think it's too hard! They think 5 minutes a day pouring in bleach is too much trouble for a pristine pool. It just seems like a backwards way of thinking. The only thing harder about this method is SLAM, versus shock and forget, but the problem with the latter is that it's just a temporary patch, or sometimes doesn't work at all. But they think I'm doing it the hard way. Go figure!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.