Snowflake shapes

Jul 12, 2015
Plymouth ma
I have thinks floating in my intex above ground pool that are light brown in color. They sit on the bottom of the pool but if stirred up will disperse and float. Some of them when they float are perfect flower shapes. They are small. About 1-2 centimeters. When I catch them with the skimmer net, the flower shape disperses and it then looks like it's a bunch of tiny individual seeds. What could this be? Algae? Pollen? The pool is under a tree. Thanks

Hello and welcome to TFP. That almost appears to be something related to your environment (seedlings, etc.) Do you happen to find those same items around your house or property? If you have an in-wall skimmer of over-the-wall skimmer basket, you can line it with a "skimmer sock" made form old panty hose or a paint strainer net that may help catch such debris before it gets to your main filter. If you ever suspect however that you may develop algae later because of this or any other occurrence, feel free to post a full set of numbers with your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 test kit and we can give you more guidance. Have a great day.

- - - Updated - - -

Kim's quick on the trigger today. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.