Jun 18, 2015
mexico
Okay I live in the state of Maine I have a 21 by 4 ft pool and we have had nothing but almost 95 degree weather for the last week and a half straight lots of people in my pool and now I'm faced with having the slime all over my pool have vacuumed it and brushed my entire pool but it seems to come back. Most likely due to the water being almost 82 degrees each day. so I went ahead and balanced and sanitized itand shocked it and then I put in a quart if algeaguard 10 in it however now I have cloudy water prior to this I had crystal clear water any help at all would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Mrs. Troubled. Lol.

J tested NY water before hand and my pH was at 7.2 and my chlorine was at a 1. Not really sure what to do.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Climate is an important factor in a lot of the advice we offer to help you with your pool. People will assume you are in Mexico and offer advice for a hot climate, rather than a colder NE climate. Please click settings upper right, edit profile lower left, type in location Mexico, MN, click save bottom right. That way it will show up over there <------- on every post and we won't have to look for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Chlorine at 1 is a good reason to have algae. It is important to maintain chlorine at target level at all times for your CYA. More here, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

To kill the algae you will need to Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.