Pump problems from index 18x4 feet ultra frame

Jan 21, 2014
Bartlesville, OK
I noticed today that from inside the house that it looked like waves in the pool. I had the pump running. Just cleaned the filter last night. The filter is making like a pulse of bursts of water while the water is also coming out like normal in between the bursts of water. The extra bursts of water has never happened before. I shut the pump off checked everything. Put it back on and for a few minutes it ran like normal then the pulse of bursts happened again. Does anyone no what I should do?
Thanks
Mike

Those pumps are unfortunately.... Junk. It's probably getting ready to kill over.

I have an 18' X 48" Ultra Frame and use the 14" Sand Filter SF70110 (28647EG) with 3/4HP pump with no issues. I'm able to vacuum with a standard pool vac & 1-1/2 hose through a Hayward thru-wall Skimmer I installed.

Truth be told I wish I had gone to the 16"/.9HP system (SF60110 28651EG) for the extra 5GPM so I could run the skimmer and suction port together without effecting the skimmer so much.

As far as your current pump, have you checked to see that the large o-ring that seals the cartridge filter is seated properly? It might just need a little lube.

HTH,
Dom

Get the 16"/.9 hp that domct203 mentioned!
That is what we have, we put it on our 14' x 42" ultraframe last year after struggling with the stupid filter pump for the first year (and with previous smaller pools) and I have literally done almost nothing to our pool this year.
I realize our pool is a little smaller than yours but still......
I put some stabilized pucks in a floater, it has been open since the end of May and I just shocked it for the 3rd time yesterday, backwashed the filter and vacuumed it for the first time this weekend as well.
I skim it regularly with a leaf skimmer but I don't bother to vacuum because it never gets that dirty.
And I have 2 young kids in it every day.
We run it 4 hours at night.... that is it.
The water has been crystal clear all season.

With the old filter pump we ran it 24/7 and it was never totally clean and clear after the first couple weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.