Stubborn Algae

If your CC is less than 0.5 ppm, the OCLT is 1 ppm or less, the water is clear and algae free then the SLAM is complete and you can resume normal pool maintenance.

What really troubles me is that I've had algae before, but it always went away with little effort. This stuff is Odd! Usually I had to brush the pool because it was sticking to the sides and bottom. This stuff is like "dust" that settles and becomes "airborne" with only a kick of the feet or a simple brooming. Its not really "stuck", its just settled.

Is it yellow or mustard in color (note that against a blue pool surface yellow can look green)? Is it mostly on the shadier side of the pool? Since it is already dust-like from your description, if the other two questions answer as true then this may be yellow/mustard algae.

Is it yellow or mustard in color (note that against a blue pool surface yellow can look green)? Is it mostly on the shadier side of the pool? Since it is already dust-like from your description, if the other two questions answer as true then this may be yellow/mustard algae.

Before the slam is WAS in the shadier spots of the pool. Now, its just in the center, where it is 100% sunlight. It's "loose" in that it collects there due to the circular motion caused by the filter. It looks green to me. Its very fine. I have a battery operated pool vacuum that is very effective at removing dead bugs and other solids that also accumulate in the center. When I use this the green settlement is gone, but there is nothing collected in the vacuum's filter bag, and it collects again after a few hours of Filter operation.

So, early in the year I had a lot of pollen in the yard, but this late in the season that all seems to be gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.