That sinking feeling... Should I start over with another contractor?

Mar 23, 2015
Liberty/Tx
Ok now I'm really concerned. I'm not sure if I should fire this crew, cut my losses and hire someone else. I'm really concerned with the baseplates. They used really small pavers to save money and raised and lowered them with sand. They didn't sink the pavers into the ground so that the rails sat on the undisturbed ground. They basically shoved sand under them. Am I doomed on this or can this installation work? They told me they install 80 pools a year in this area and a local AGP company uses them exclusively. Help!!!

Ranchdip~ have you thought about trying the install on your own and taking control? This is what I would do.

I need some help guys. They are coming back tomorrow to fix it. I really need advise. The pool is counter-sunk 26" and the ground is hard clay at that depth. It's very very hard to work with. If they can get the pavers sitting on the clay will that be a viable solution? I was going to get the installers to start at the lowest elevation at the clay base and dig out the perimeter of the pool from there. This would assure that all pavers and rail would be supported by the clay base. Since this clay is almost impossible to get level I thought maybe we could get the pavers level and then tamp the bank sand around the pavers so the rails would have a smooth surface to sit on. Your thoughts? As you can see in the pic they raised the paver levels with sand which is unacceptable. And they are using pavers cut in half which are barely big enough to fit the column base.
b20b916e8ccaec17cd32d036428cb024.jpg
276f2bd2d780dc0037e7a9e926c4536d.jpg
63c10c5715edd6623fef091e349f3b1c.jpg

Why are they cheaping out like that?! They need to start at the lowest point. Bottom line.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.