My re-plum/equipment move project

PHXAZ said:
Hi,

Thought I would document my process/progress on my equipment install and relocation project. Feel free to add advise and comments to help make the project a success.

For background, my wife and I purchased the house as a foreclosure back in November 08. The last owner took the pool equipment before they left, leaving me with only stumps of plumming at the equipment pad. I have decided to move the equipment away from the master bedroom wall.

010.jpg

The first thing we did when we moved in was remove all of the dead landscaping (the house had sat empty for almost a year). We knew we weren't going to work on the pool equipment until the spring of 09 due to the work we wanted to do inside the house first, but we wanted to plant new landscaping right away to give it an additional 5-6 months of growth.

I don't have a picture with all the dead landscaping, but here is a picture before we did any demo work after the new landscaping was planted.

003-1.jpg

Once we completed work indoors (is it really ever complete?), we started on getting the pool up to speed. One of the first things I did was remove the pool fence (we have self closing doors to the patio and side gate). Also I have plans for additional Kool decking and a BBQ island. The existing concrete walkway was removed to make way for a new pour.

008.jpg

006.jpg

cobra46 said:
Looks good and just in time for the warm weather. :goodjob:

Remember that shock is something you do to your pool not add to it. Does the 'shock' product you added to your pool contain CYA?

The product that I used was CHLORBRITE. Not sure if it contains CYA, but it did the trick in clearing up the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.