Leak or no leak

Jun 22, 2014
West Virginia
Hello, this season has been a rainy season and i have been letting water out of my pool and the past few weeks the rain cease fire and the kids have been able to swim almost every day. The first week the weather has been 90 almost every day and in a weeks time my pool has dropped 2" in water depth and we also noticed a couple wrinkles in the liner wall. Now i filled the pool to a marked location and the kids swam for another week with the same temps but a little lower. we had noticed again it at the exact line it was the last time in just a weeks time.. thats 564 gallons i have lost again in just a week. We checked all along the water line and all along piping and pools edge and there isnt any wet area what so ever. Thoughts on how i can find this thing or am i just freakin and whats up with the sudden wall wrinkle I had pool for 2 years.

If there is a leak i have some of the pool liner from when it was installed what is the best cement so i can order it just in case.

24' above ground 54"

Place a bucket filled with pool water on the steps of your pool. Don't submerse it. Watch daily to see if the pool loses more water than the bucket, confirming a pool leak.

If the wrinkle suddenly presented itself, it is usually water behind the liner. They tend to go away as the groundwater recedes.

Boxer glue is good or any other patch kit for vinyl will work.

We had so much rain several weeks ago, that I let the pool stay high, over the skimmer box. The only downside was a lot of bugs but I was skimming the pool manually on a daily basis. It dried up, got really, really hot n I lost all of that to people using the pool and evaporation. I had to throw the hose in 2 days ago because I was sucking air into the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.