Did I just hose my pH?

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
So I did the drop test per my taylor test kit to see how much I needed to lower pH by, looked-up in their table and it said roughly 40 oz of acid (liquid) to get to 7.5 (since it's a new plaster pool I like to take it to 7.5 knowing it will rise due to the new plaster, isn't it great doing your own testing and "knowing" your pool). So I eyeball about 40 - 50 oz of muriatic acid (29%) and add it to the pool. Come to my desk to enter my numbers into the Jesse's spreadsheet and it tells me to add 20 oz., so I go to pool math and it says 27 oz. So depending on which numbers I use I could have gone over by 100 - 125% in what I added. Did I just hose my pH?

UPDATE: Tested about 1:30 later and I'm between 7.2 - 7.5 pH.

Raining like crazy right now (yea it rains in the desert), while I have you, does rain do anything to the water balance, anything I need to look for after the rain storm blows through?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.