Cannot clear water

Jul 16, 2015
Attica, NY
Hey everyone,

My TF-100 kit came in earlier this week. As soon as I got it, I started SLAMing the pool. At first I was losing lots of FC overnight and during the day. During the day was because I had no CYA in the pool.

I have most everything adjusted and everything seems stable but I can't get the water to clear. See numbers below

FC - 14.5ppm - still SLAMing, a bit higher. Lost 0.5 ppm over last nights OCLT.
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 90
CH - 100
CYA - 30

I dont really know where to go from here. This is our first pool and we are ready to tear it down. Seems like all we do is fight with it. Please help!

Welcome to TFP!

If I read this correctly you have passed OCLT and 0 CC.

It may be time to try a little DE powder to your sand filter to help it filter finer particles. Sand filters actually filter better as they get dirtier so don't be too quick to backwash it.

Tim.

You did read that correctly. I will see if I can find some DE today and follow the steps to add it to my filter. I try to wait until the flow rate drops significantly before back washing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.