Trying to balance my water

For the party. :wink: You have an SWG, so refer to the recommended levels in Pool School. In time if you decide to lower the CYA into the recommended range and shoot for the "ideal 70-80" on the CYA, you would have to drain some of your water and then rebalance the other numbers.... But for your party just boost the FC level with liquid chlorine the morning of the party. You should be good to go. :goodjob:

Thanks a lot. I'll do that. The CYA was brought up to that level via the pool calculator by the way, not my intention. My pool does tend to lose water pretty rapidly once the sunny weather hits, so do you think I'll be OK if I just run the FC on the high side until it comes down naturally? I hate to waste all that water...

FC 3
Ph 7.6
CYA 50

Question: I'm having a party in two days. Previously you told me to increase my FC to 10 prior to a party, but my CYA was 100 then. Now it's 50. How high should I increase the FC for this party? I'll work on the CYA levels afterwards, but for now what number should I aim for?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.