Repairing a PVC pipe valve junction leak

frankc

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Delmar, NY
I was wondering the best way to repair a leak at the junction between PVC pipe and the intake valve (cold) to the heater. Besides replacing the pipe and valve, does anyone have any experience with a product called Plast-aid? Here is the link with some information: Plast-aid pool & spa repair. I was also considering an Epoxy pool putty, any advice is truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank,

I'm pretty sure it will be threaded. A pic would confirm. If it's a threaded joint, you simply need to unscrewit and put some pipe dope or teflon tape on the threads and screw it back in.

DO NOT use epoxy or any other permanent adhesive on a threaded joint. It's an easy fix and one you can do yourself.

frankc said:
Not sure if it is threaded, is there a way to tell?

Frank

Usually a threaded fitting will flats molded in around the edge so that you can get a wrench on them to turn, or will have some other type of grip-type surface that you can grip with your hand (or a pair of slip-joint pliers, if necessary). non-threaded fittings are usually smooth sided, because once you glue it, there isn't any need to try to turn it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.