almost there but at least we can swim

Tere

Bronze Supporter
May 30, 2015
Colorado Springs
I started clearing the gravel last year and even bought a Walmart Intex. Husband said no way for a 22' x52" pool is going 10 ft from garden basement window. So this year I saw a Craig's list $150 10 y.o. 18' x 48" Lomart pool and thought gee that's a good starter pool, Lomart is from same factory as Doughboy. I have sunk $1000+ into the pool and not waiting to proper electricity and bonding for pool. But we are swimming in it. I only run the pump to mix chemicals in at night for an hour. It's using an extension cord and overheats the pump even though the cord is 11 amps. I already sent the pump tot he hospital 1 x for $50.

11063469_10200540609275182_8034609722364256234_n_zpskqsncxu6.jpg Photo by Teresa_Lundquist | Photobucket

IMG_1942_zpslcvp1jay.jpg Photo by Teresa_Lundquist | Photobucket

IMG_1941_zpsoffyyhnn.jpg Photo by Teresa_Lundquist | Photobucket

You really need to clean up the electric and install a proper bonding system. Bonding has nothing to do with the pump or its electrical source, so the fact that you are not running the pump does not make the pool safe. Bonding deals with stray voltage and making sure everything is at the same potential to ground.

Please bond the pool for the safety of your family.

thank you Tim. The electrician is starting in a few days. In hindsight I wish I knew about the bonding and electric before I installed the pool. I've only been building it for 8 weeks ans researching since last year. I wish there was something I read that said you must bond a pool and install a GFCI outlet with in reach of the 5 ft electrical cord from the pump. All I have read was that it was a "good idea". Not even my insurance company said anything, they just wanted to know it we had a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.